A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bank balance smaller, home happier, clothes dirty, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for.

LLL

Live Every moment, Laugh Everyday, Love Beyond Words

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Failing Student Wears Sign As Punishment - Yahoo! News

Click here.. Credit to Yahoo:

'via Blog this'


Failing Student Wears Sign as Punishment...

I would do this to my kid if she were acting out in class and failing her classes. I went to school with a kid whose Mom AND Dad came to everyone of his classes for a week. Humiliating? Yes. Did he start doing better in class? Yes! Sometimes it takes a little bit of "out of the box" parenting to get your point across. After putting them on restriction, taking things away, yelling, spanking, what have you... I think this is the lesser of one or two of those evils. Something similar like this happened in my city. A mother made her son wear a sign because he dropped out of school... it read something like "I want to flip burgers the rest of my life" yadda yadda yadda.  

Maybe watching Maury has got me all bent out of shape and hyped up about parenting and kids acting right, but Im honestly worried. Worried for the future of my child. I know that my husband and I have what it takes to teach her from right and wrong. Good and bad. How to be a generous, compassionate, independent, loving young woman... but its the other people I worry about. I know that, ultimately, it is her decision how she wants to live her live and I understand that. I just hope that when it comes down to peer pressure and hanging with the wrong crowd, she'll turn the other direction. But shes only 3 months and some change, so Ive got a little bit of time before I have to actually deal with that.