A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bank balance smaller, home happier, clothes dirty, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for.

LLL

Live Every moment, Laugh Everyday, Love Beyond Words

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Sad, but inevitable...

Lately, Maddie is becoming more and more independent. This is great! Shes exploring her toys more and enjoying tummy time more than ever. BUT... shes also not letting me snuggle her as much anymore. The only time shes happy being held is when Im feeding her, and she falls asleep during/after.


I dont want to say that I regret not following through with breast feeding, because it was difficult for the both of us. However, I feel that if I were breast feeding, we might have a closer bond. Im not the only one she does this to. Steve will hold her and shes okay for a few minutes, then she starts the wiggling. Wanting to stand on her legs or sit up and take a gander at whats going on around her. This is great, like I said. It just seems that shes wanting to be on her own and entertain herself, than ... Im going to say this... play with me.


I cherish every day that I get to wake up and see her smiling up at me before I even crack my own. It is the little things in this world that make me so happy. Now, the bond that I see her and Steve have together is AMAZING. When he gets home from work she is all smiles and laughs. Her faces are adorable and she loves to grab his whiskers. Last night she had a hold of his neck skin, it was hilarious. She does this to me a lot when she actually lets me hold her, and it hurts like hell. 


This is her learning and growing and gaining better control of her motor skills. I cant stop that and nor do I want to. My little girl is making big strides and Im just thankful that I am able to witness. To stay at home with her all day is not possible for some moms, and it was the same for my Mom. She says she missed out on a lot with us growing up and she doesnt remember much of the milestones. Thats sad, but you so what you have to do to support you kids and give them what they need.


Maddie will be 4 months on the 23rd, and we go for her shots that day as well. I HATE this part. She did great last time only had a slight fever the next day.. it was me who was a hot mess. I think she'll be fine this time as well. I dont know if her doctor will recommend to start solids yet, but I dont really care either way. As long as he feels she is healthy and doing fine on her formula, we'll stick with that until 6 months old. I dont want to rush her, but I want her to be ready and healthy for solids and other foods.


More to come today Im sure... its only 11:30am!