A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bank balance smaller, home happier, clothes dirty, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for.

LLL

Live Every moment, Laugh Everyday, Love Beyond Words

Monday, March 12, 2012

Wrongful birth lawsuit - November 2011 Birth Club - BabyCenter

Wrongful birth lawsuit - OP from Baby Center:

'via Blog this'

Here's the link to the news story....

Wrongful Birth Lawsuit.... WTF

Okay, so pretty much the parents sued the doctors/medical facility/etc. for "wrongful birth" of their child with Downs Syndrome. They claimed had they known, they would have terminated the pregnancy.


This breaks my heart. My Mom was told that I had Spina Bifida en utero, and she should have an abortion. Dad had to stop Mom from jumping over the Doctors desk to choke him out!
Do people not know or care how hard it is for some couples who are trying to conceive? How many painful years they wait to be told they are going to be blessed with an amazing baby... "deformity" or not.


Steve and I both said, before out prenatal testing, NO MATTER WHAT, we will love this baby with all that we have. She will be perfect either way! And I will say that about our next baby.


I worked for a man whose oldest daughter has Downs Syndrome. She is an amazingly smart 11 year old girl with a beautiful personality. Yes, there are some hard times, for any parent, but him and his family took it in stride and they are wonderful people for it.


People like the ones in the article make me sick. How would your child feel, knowing that you would've aborted them had you known what type of medical problems theyd have? I can only imagine they would feel unwanted, tainted, discarded, a burden. And that makes me want to cry for these children who are mistreated due to their autism. Ive seen it when I was in school, and just there it was awful.


As a parent, if I was given a diagnosis like Downs Syndrome for my baby, I would do everything I could. If for some reason, I didnt have the strength, patience, time, ability to give my child exactly what she needed, I would make sure she was with a family that could.