A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bank balance smaller, home happier, clothes dirty, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for.

LLL

Live Every moment, Laugh Everyday, Love Beyond Words

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Heat Pad Rash?

Yesterday I got my Depo Shot (birth control for 3 months) The injection site was extremely tender so I decided to sleep on my heating pad on LOW. I planned on turning it off before I feel asleep, but I passed out. Bad idea...

Maybe 4 hours after I got up, I noticed the following splotches on my hip!


The same rash/splotches appeared last night after using the heat pad on my stomach for menstrual cramps. Granted, my heating pad is over 10 years old... I should probably get rid of it.

Its been 9 hours since the first picture and this is what it looks like now...

Its been 9 hours since the first picture and this is what it looks like now...

And this is right before bedtime.... midnight or so. 



This isn't the first time Ive had a reaction to a heating pad or some sort. Last year, I had really bad menstrual cramps and used one of those ThermaCare pads that stick to the inside of your underwear. Well, one of the little "head pods" burst and burned my skin. It was bleeding and turned into a huge blister full of puss. It was extremely painful. I had 2 spots like that right in my pelvic region. I will NEVER use them again. That's why I get the depo shot and dont have to worry about getting a period anymore. THANK THE LORD ABOVE!

So to all you ladies, be careful and don't use heating pads longer than recommended, or you'll end up like me!!!