A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bank balance smaller, home happier, clothes dirty, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for.

LLL

Live Every moment, Laugh Everyday, Love Beyond Words

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Mom Breast Feeding while in ICU

Breastfeeding, the ICU, support | The Leaky B@@b:

I saw this on Baby Center and read the whole article. Wow. Just wow. I am a big crying mess, like one of the commentors said. The baby got to stay in the hospital for 5 months, as Mom endured physical therapy and learning how to walk again. They would place him by her neck, as that was the only place she had feelings... just to be able to feel her little baby just a bit.

This part broke my little heart....


When her tube was removed and she was finally able to speak, Serena refused to say anything until she was holding Gooney Bear: she had yet to tell him she loved him.
“I wouldn’t speak to the nurses because I wanted my first words to be ‘I love you Gooney Bear.”

I couldn't imagine going through anything like this. I had to wait 30 minutes or so before I could hold Maddie. The cord was wrapped around her neck as she came out, making Daddy unable to cut the cord. She didn't make a peep for at least 45 seconds, but her Daddy was right by her side the whole time. I was so exhausted from labor, that I just laid there, watching them clean her and get her to make some noise. She sounded so weak and so little, but she was a happy & healthy baby.

Things like this make us count our blessings and remember whats important in life. Love, Family, Friends, and supporting those around you.

To my family, you are my world. All of you make me who I am and I am proud to say, you crazy bastards are my family!!