A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bank balance smaller, home happier, clothes dirty, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for.

LLL

Live Every moment, Laugh Everyday, Love Beyond Words

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Miss Laura & New Job & Future Endeavors

We have officially found a daycare for Maddie. I found this lady on Craigslist. Skeptical, I know. But I'm leery of all the daycare facilities and in-home day cares everywhere. I don't think any where I found the information would make me feel any better about placing her. But either way, we went to visit Laura's house yesterday. I must say that I am impressed. Her demeanor, her sense of caring and lovingness towards the kids. The way she spoke of her children, which we actually got to meet. They are 18+ (3 of them) and are the most well rounded kids I think Ive ever met.

Besides all of that, she really made us feel like we were at home. And to my surprise, Maddie was all smiles & giggles as soon as she saw Miss Laura. Maybe she just knew that she was a good caregiver and felt that right away. Maddie's attitude while we were there, was amazing. She wouldn't stop "talking". Made it a little hard to have a conversation about all of our concerns, but I think we touched on everything. I talked to a few of her references and they were all so very happy with the care that Laura provides.

She includes the diapers/wipes/formula within her $120/week fee. That's all well and fine, but we'll just bring our own. I don't want to switch up her formula every time she eats, just because that's whats on hand. She's had too many tummy troubles to go ahead and risk it. So we'll just bring her Target diapers and formula for the week, each Monday when we drop her off.

I was getting close to tears as it was time to wrap things up. Both happy and sad emotions were running through me like hot lava. I only want the best for Maddie and I'm so glad that we found Miss Laura. I know I will cry on Monday when I drop her off, but I'm hoping I wont completely loose my shit! She said she'd completely understand if I did, and knows how hard it can be to leave your baby for the first time.

Nanny still  isn't being supportive. When I told her we met Laura and decided to use her, she said "Well I just hope she takes care of her." I somewhat went off on her by saying "You know what, I need all the positive thoughts and comments I can get right now. This decision was hard enough!" She said she understood but I don't really think she realizes what she's saying and how its affecting me. Mom said that she's been this way all her life and I don't doubt that one bit. ((That being said, I love my Nanny and wouldn't trade her for the world. She helped raise me and Jesse and has basically spoiled us to a fault.))

At least everyone else is pumping me up and motivating me to do my best and feel confident in my decision. That's what I need right now, to get me over this hump. Once  we all get into a routine I think it will make things that much easier. If I had a friend or family member to watch her, I would do that. But I don't really have that option. My friend Lauren offered to watch her for less that $120/week. But she'd want to pick Maddie up from my house, take her to her fathers house, then bring her back when we got home. AND, she is also pregnant and due in July. I just think that it would be too much to handle day in & day out. I love that she was so sweet in offering to help us out, but I think Maddie might be better served in a child environment where she can interact with other children (once she's big enough to) and start learning new things.

I would love for her to be there for years to come, maybe even up until pre-k/kindergarten. Laura was a teacher, so that's a great background to have when working with children. I can only imagine the wonderful things she'll will be to learn while she's there.

I guess I needed to get this off my chest, and to pump myself up a little bit. I go to work Monday and I'm just a little nervous, in regards to the work aspect. I know it won't be easy, but I have all the motivation in the world to push myself and to learn my job duties as best I can, as quickly as I can, without error. Of course, I'm sure Ill make mistakes along the way, but this is a totally different realm of products I really have no experience with. All I can say about that, is that I will apply myself in every way and do all that I can to excel.

So far the employees/managers Ive spoken with and interviewed with, seem to be amazing people. They even offered me an extra week to get my day care affairs in order, if this week wasn't enough time. How thoughtful and understanding? I have never had a job like that before. Makes me even more excited to work for a company who values and understands their employees needs and family. I expressed this to Gene, the supervisor and thanked him numerous times for being so flexible.

So all in all, things seem to be really working out for our family. Steve and his Dad are making up nicely and the family is slowing coming back together. There has been talk of selling this house ( the in-laws house where we currently live ) to buy 2 houses next to each other. This would give us the option to rent to own. I would love for this to happen! It would keep us close enough together, but not on top of each other.

There's a lot in store for us, to say the least. And I'm ready to get our lives moving in the right direction.

To family, live, love and happiness!