A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bank balance smaller, home happier, clothes dirty, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for.

LLL

Live Every moment, Laugh Everyday, Love Beyond Words

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Sometimes

Sometimes you just cant help people.
Sometimes you want to be apart of someones life, but they don't feel the same. 
Sometimes all you want is to support someone, but they don't want your advice.
Sometimes you have the best of intentions, but they don't understand.
Sometimes you just want to scream because they are so dense.
Sometimes all you can do is cry because you miss someone so much.
Sometimes people will smile in your face, then stab you in your back.
Sometimes people will take advantage of someone you love, and not think twice.
Sometimes karma is a bitch.
Sometimes love just isn't enough.
Sometimes you just have to let them fall on their face to learn a lesson.

Sometimes you just have to let go.

I hate feeling so helpless. Especially about my family. I love♥ my family. Every single one of them, as you should. But, I feel hopeless in helping my little brother and his new family. I want to help them and teach them things about being a new parent. But they don't want my advice or my help. Yet they want to fight over who takes care of the baby. Who's going to feed the baby. Who's going to change the baby. Why does it have to be a fight? Why cant you just love and take care of your newborn son? Is it that hard to make a bottle and sit down to feed him? It surely cant be that hard.
Who doesn't like to sleep in? Or sleep all night? Not anyone I know... but that's just one of the many sacrifices you make as a parent. It seems as though nothing anyone says to them makes a damn bit of difference in how they treat their baby or each other. Its a volatile relationship to say the least.

I couldn't imagine letting Maddie lay in her crib crying, hungry, while I tried to sleep. Whenever she wakes me, whenever she cries, I am there to comfort her. As I should be. She may be 4.5 months, but she still needs me.

She will always need me, and I will always be there.

It has all come so naturally to me. Being a Mother is the best job you could ever have. It's one of the hardest, by far. But the most rewarding. If I didn't think I could handle all of the duties that come with being a Mama, I would've taken precautions to not get pregnant. Its really not that hard to protect yourself. If you know you cant take care of   a baby, as well as your self and significant other... make the right choices to avoid getting pregnant, until both parties are ready. Its really that simple.


Yes, accidents happen. But when you deliberately get pregnant for the sake of attention, there's clearly something wrong with your line of thinking. Why bring an innocent child into this world to suffer like you did as a child? Makes absolutely 0 sense to me. But if you chose to keep the baby, then its time to step up as a man and as a woman, and take care of your kid. No matter what it takes. Neither of them have jobs. Neither of them want jobs. They are both comfortable letting the state pay for their childs necessities, and having MY Mother pay for what gov't assistance won't cover. Talk about pathetic. Blows my mind.

All I know is that I have tried to be there for them. I have tried to guide them and motivate them to do right by their son and by each other. But it all falls on deaf ears. For the sake of my sanity, I am done. I am done wasting my time and energy on people who don't reciprocate. Family or not, I must not be as important to them as they are to me... and it honestly breaks my heart. Just breaks my heart.




Quote for this post... 
"Create your own drama, you deserve your own karma."